Seminars for Special Needs families
Amrit Sabha Adult Day Care Center
155 Otis Street, Northborough, MA 01532
We are pleased to invite you to the following Seminars for Special needs families.
As we know, parents and caregivers for Special Needs families experience various challenges. ICC has conducted focus group meetings to understand some of the needs. We have organized seminars in the past to address important issues such as “Special Needs Trust” and “Financial Planning”.
We also understand other topics of interest for families with adult children having special needs:
- Securing housing for a family member — when the parents are advancing in age!
- Social isolation for their adult children — when the phone never rings!
We are very pleased to invite you to join us and participate in the following seminars:
Housing Challenges - Exploring Options
Social Isolation – Activities and Opportunities for Relationship Development with Leisure Activities
In addition, we would like to learn about YOUR needs and how ICC can serve the families through a couple of brief sessions:
- A brainstorming session to seek your inputs for planning future activities.
- Preview of a future topic — Needs and Preparation of “Letter of Intent”.
Location: Amrit Sabha, 155 Otis Street, Northborough, MA 01532
Date / Day: Saturday, February 9, 2019
Time: 9:45 AM to 2:00 PM (including lunch)
ICC is pleased to plan and organize these seminars as a community service. There are no fees or charges for the attendees.
In order to assure effective seminars and interaction with the attendees’ number of participants will be limited. Please respond by filling out a form at
RSVP is required latest by Feb. 3rd, 2019 and we will confirm your seats (by email) based on first come first serve basis.
“Towards Independent Living and Learning (TILL) Inc., (www. http://www.tillinc.org/) is a well-established organization providing valuable resources for over 40 years. We are very pleased to have Ms. Dafna Krouk-Gordon, President and Founder of TILL and her colleagues conduct these seminars. She is a proven leader and innovator in developing and delivering services for individuals with Special Needs.
To learn about the needs of the families and future ICC activities:
- Jaya Pandey (Desi Mom’s Network) will conduct a brainstorming session to identify the needs of the families and future ICC activities. As some of you know, Jaya has organized a support group for Mom’s and she also has a blog for helping/guiding each other. Her well attended monthly dinner meetings for Mom’s are held at different venues in eastern Massachusetts.
- Yogesh Parikh, Director, ICC will provide a preview of an important topic of preparing “Letter of Intent” as a topic for the future detailed seminar.
In order to maintain your privacy, we have used “bcc” to share the information with you!
If you know anyone who may benefit from these seminars, feel free to share this invite and encourage them to RSVP and join!!
We are looking forward to having you join the meeting and learn about some of the important resources and possibilities to make the journey easier!!